- Telecommunications Giant Vodafone Leaves the Libra Association
- Group of Central Banks Assesses Developing Central Bank Digital Currencies
- South Korea Might Impose 20 Percent Tax on Cryptocurrency Profits
- Report: Terrorists Increasingly Use Crypto to Raise Funds Anonymously
- Canadian Securities Administrators Subject Crypto Exchanges to Securities Laws
While the current bear market seems to drag on forever, the crypto industry has been moving steadily towards wider adoption, transaction volume, network capacity, and security. The Weiss Crypto Ratings report confirms as much and reveals much more regarding the future of cryptocurrencies for the coming year. The report grades the leading cryptocurrencies in two categories: the tech/adoption category and the risk/reward category for investors.
Weiss Ratings founder, Martin D. Weiss, said regarding the report:
“Despite lower prices since early 2018, our ratings model gives us hard evidence that a critical segment of the cryptocurrency industry has enjoyed remarkable growth in user transaction volume, network capacity, and network security. Equally important is our finding that these improvements are often powered by an evolution in the underlying technology. Therefore, for those willing to take the risk, the best time to invest could be very near.”
The findings of the report were revealed in a press release by Weiss Ratings, LLC which is the parent company of Weiss Crypto Ratings. According to the press release, Ripple (XRP)trade, EOS, and Bitcoin(BTC)trade are the cryptocurrencies that scored an A grade in terms of technology and adoption. Ethereum and Cardano were also in the top 5 with a sold A- and B+ respectively. Other notable performers in this list are Steem, NEO, Stellar, Zcash, and BitShares.
However, the press release recommends that investors should not ignore the other important category which is the risk/reward category. According to the report, top contenders like Ripple, EOS, and Bitcoin only managed to score a B- in this category. None of the cryptocurrencies got an A in the said report.
Talking about the latest trends that are most likely to see success in the near future, the report makes the following comments:
1. An important segment of the cryptocurrency industry is enjoying remarkable growth in the volume of user transactions, a key aspect of adoption.
2. Improving adoption is largely powered by improving technology.
3. The way cryptocurrencies are secured is changing quite rapidly. Delegated Proof-of-Stake (DPoS) coins are on the rise, while Proof-of-Work (PoW) coins are losing market share.
4. Some cryptocurrencies are moving beyond blockchain entirely.
5. Killer dApps (Decentralized Applications) will play the biggest role in determining the future winners. Examples include:
- Decentralized, crypto-based social media
- Peer-to-peer lending
- Fair and secure elections
Confidence in the crypto market by prestigious mainstream institutions like Weiss Ratings (which also offers predictions) will help cryptocurrencies reach the goal of worldwide adoption. In a market that has been suffering greatly from the negative press, the report by Weiss Crypto Ratings report is a breath of fresh air.