- Report: Stablecoins Pegged to USD Set All-Time High Record for Trading Volume
- Craig Wright: Copyright Registration Proves I’m Bitcoin's Satoshi; Copyright Office: Nope!
- Ethereum Price Technical Analysis (May 23): Correction to Support Level Is Expected
- SEC Ends a $30M Cryptocurrency Ponzi Scheme Supposedly Backed by Diamonds
- The Ethereum Foundation Allocates $30 Million for Mainnet Development
Crypto In Short:
What is cryptocurrency? Cryptocurrency is a virtual commodity that functions as a medium of exchange. It employs complex features of cryptography to execute and confirm transactions. Cryptocurrencies are typically decentralized, which means there isn’t one centralized monetary authority that governs and regulates it. The underlying technology behind cryptocurrencies – their “engine,” so to speak – is called blockchain, which operates as a transparent virtual ledger that records publicly all the transactions of the cryptocurrency anonymously.
There are thousands of different cryptocurrencies in the crypto market today. Bitcoin (BTC) is broadly acknowledged as the first ever cryptocurrency, created in 2009. It is the largest one by market capitalization and also regularly leads by trading volume.
We here at AllStocks Crypto News offer the latest and most relevant information about cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Ripple (XRP) and Litecoin (LTC), as well as blockchain news and updates.